Getting traffic to your web site is great, but all the traffic in the world doesn’t mean a thing unless you eventually get them (your visitors) to take an action that you want them to take. For example, you might want them to;
- Contact you for an appointment
- Purchase a product or service
- Sign up for a class
- or [insert your desired action here]
However, the reality is that most people are not ready to “take action” immediately – particularly when it involves money or a time commitment.
That’s why it is important to offer ways to “connect” with your visitors. We all know that it takes between 7-21 contacts for a prospect to hear or see your message before they buy, right? So why not provide a way to stay in front of them for at least 7-21 times… and turn them into an actual lead instead of just a browser.
There are a number of different ways to do this. I’ll talk about two here;
- Set up an email newsletter and ask for their name and email address.
- Make it very visible and easy to sign up. Usually, the upper side of your left “sidebar” is a good place to place your form.
- Offer an “ethical bribe” to give them added reason to sign up. It may be a FREE special report, access to an audio recording with tips and tricks for your industry, or a discount on products and services coupon … something to get them to take action.
- Do not try to do this in-house. We strongly recommend using either Aweber ** or Constant Contact **. Yes it is a monthly investment, but it is absolutely worth it.
- Provide easy access to your social media profiles, such as Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.
- This is one of the simplist ways of connecting with your prospects … but many people are still not doing it on their web site.
- By inviting them to “connect” with you via social networking, it provides a less-threatening way for them to find out more about you and whether or not they want to be in your “space” … and ultimately do business with you.
When your visitors connect with you in one of these ways, they now become a lead … someone you can build a relationship with over time.
Leads are much more likely to become buyers and referral sources over time … and isn’t that what we all want for our business?
If you’d like help setting up your lead generation systems, give us a call at 503.581.4554.
(** We are an affiliate of both Aweber and Constant Contact and receive a commission if you purchase their email marketing services)