Using Google Hangouts Yet? Why Not?!?
Google is known for coming up with new programs and then getting rid of them when they don’t work out. Anyone recall Google Wave, Google Buzz and now Google Reader? Even though many have predicted much the same fate for Google , an addition to this may just save the day. Google Hangouts is Google’s latest addition, and one that really has lots of usefulness. (Especially for marketers!)
Google Hangouts – The Short Version
The short version is that Google Hangouts are a good way to connect with others via a live video chat, one that can be recorded and used in various platforms and in many different ways. Joined at the hip with your Google account, a hangout is really simple to launch, and has a goldmine of interesting features for marketers. You can host a hangout with as many as ten other people, and many others can watch live at your YouTube channel, Google page, or a web page. Google records the whole affair, and delivers a YouTube URL to you after you’re done, that you can then easy use in your marketing in a number of ways.
How to make use of Google Hangouts in your marketing
There are tons of ways to integrate Google Hangouts into your marketing. Listed below are 10 ways people are finding effective.
- Webinars – Sick of expensive GoToWebinar fees? Now you have a free alternative!
- Conferences – Setup shop at any conference you are attending and share the event!
- Meetings – Hold meetings for clients, customer, prospect or affiliates on an informal, yet immediate platform.
- Product Launches – A creative way to create positive buzz on launch day. (Or before!)
- Interviews – Capture interviews with people on the fly with Google Hangouts!
- Product Demos – Show people what you’ve got, live and in person!
- Virtual Press Conferences – Make your press releases go viral!
- Live Streaming Events – Would you like your own weekly live TV show? Many marketers are now using Google Hangouts for precisely this purpose.
- Q & A with Customers – Build relationships with your customers live and answer their questions and concerns.
- Podcast from your Hangout – Making a Podcast to share through iTunes is quite easy to accomplish.
Google Hangouts is a terrific new tool to include in your marketing mix. Don’t miss your chance to connect with your customers in a meaningful way.