Most businesses are always looking for ways to acquire more client referrals. However according to GrowThink.com some 58.6% of us don’t even make an effort to ask for them! This isn’t something that happens automagically, but instead is the offspring of a clear, focused strategy used consistently. To help you catch the idea allow me to share seven easy methods for getting more client referrals, faster and easier than you might have thought possible!
- Ask your best customers – These can be your best business evangelists. People who are already crazy about what you do won’t need much coaxing to sing your praises.
- Offer incentives – Discounts, free things, upgrades or any other rewards appropriate for your business are a good way to get people to give client referrals.
- Over-deliver on first-time customers – When you get a new customer, a terrific way to get them talking to their circle of contacts is to over-deliver on them. This can come in a number of ways, but make sure they view your business as a cut above the rest.
- Actively engage your customers – Getting your customers talking and interacting with you, and ultimately their social circles, can open many doors. Find common ground, and possibly create an online community for your customers, for instance a blog or Facebook group.
- Be courteous and a giver – Make saying “Thank You” a part of your daily lexicon, and be generous when it comes to handing out perks. Laying an unexpected gift card or thank you note on a client can be very beneficial.
- Enlist your staff – Getting your employees in the game can multiply your efforts. You will usually need to develop some way to reward results, nevertheless it can be very much worth it!
- Create a customer loyalty program – A customer loyalty program, best implemented online, is definitely an wonderful tool to help you create excitement and involvement.
A robust client referral plan can take some effort, but can also result in a lot of new business pre-disposed to giving you an opportunity. What more can you ask?