How to Bring Your Facebook Page to Life!
If you’re pondering the best way to improve your Facebook page, I’d like to offer you eight solid techniques for fast improvement that won’t cost anything but a little time. These tips will not only help you optimize for Facebook and Google search better, but also lay the basis for better social interaction, which is where the money is nowadays.
- Commit to Facebook – Facebook requires some effort, and a bit of time. Many companies who have generated a Facebook page for their business soon abandon it, which also makes a statement about their company. Develop a rock-solid commitment to post updates and content regularly, and also to engage with those people who are following you. Otherwise, it’s pointless.
- Create a Custom URL – You should definitely get a custom URL for your page. The one it comes with isn’t likely to help with search engine optimization (SEO) or for anyone trying to find you.
- Keep Updates Short and Sweet – Short is in right now. Short content, short videos, short stacks. (No wait, that was breakfast …) There’s a time for longer posts, but generally aim to keep them reasonably short – less than 150 characters.
- Deliver Lots of Awesome Content – Creating content that people can use and are discussing will be the #1 mission for your page.
- Engagement with Your Readers – Don’t be shy about stimulating conversation, asking questions, holding contests or anything else that will get the conversation rolling!
- Be Responsive to Problems – Take anyone that complains seriously, and be proactive responding to anyone who asks questions. You can head off a lot of trouble this way.
- Post Photos – According to Facebook, posts that include a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than text-only updates, respectively.
Using these recommendations will give you a great head start to making your Facebook page a topic of conversation!