How to Get Your Facebook Page Mobile Ready
Since millions of people are making Facebook a frequent daily stop, and over 50 percent of them are using a mobile device for it, perhaps it’s wise for us to have a look at how our Facebook business page is shown to the public. If you need more coaxing, now some 79% of smartphone users use their phones to go shopping, with 74% making a purchase as a result. Since Facebook creates a mobilized version of your Facebook page, you probably thought that’s all there was to it. Would that were so! Let’s take a peek at some things you should be aware of.
First see how your Facebook Page shows up on a mobile device
Facebook creates a summarized version of your web page that is served to the public via their mobile devices. It’s essential that you take a minute and learn how this looks. The first component of your Facebook page that is rendered is your Timeline, though, and this is important: not all of it. That’s why you’ll want to make sure you have a “pinned” post, in order that it will be featured first and most prominently. After this is the Recommendations and Check-Ins section, and then photos, and lastly, your most recent post.
A few tips to help optimize your Facebook Page
- Keep in mind that you have much less time and space on Mobile to acquire the attention of your visitors. Take pains to use smaller, eye-catching photos, and to not mince words! Be concise and direct in your text and especially any calls to action.
- “Pin” a post you want to show up first in your mobile timeline, as this will ensure it does.
- Log into your Facebook page from a mobile device and see that your important info is not only found but correct. You need people to manage to find you! You can do this using “Facebook Nearby”.
- One way to boost social word of mouth is to encourage check-ins from your location. This makes a big difference with Facebook.
- Engage with your visitors while you’re on your mobile device, which is not only convenient for you, but helps you stay on top of activity on your page easily.