Here’s what we customize on your website:
- Complimentary design colors (if you have a color guide, we can incorporate)
- Social header w/ appropriate call-to-action
- Primary navigation menu (horizontal)
- Home page layout, including options such as;
- Home page hero section
- Full-width images w/ optional text or button overlay
- Full width color sections with text or button overlay
- Columns (3 column grid, alternating 2 column grid, 2-3 column recent blog posts)
- Interior sidebar section (options include left sidebar / content, or content / right sidebar, or full page no sidebar)
- Footer section (1-4 columns for things like contact information, hours, map / directions, social links, copyrights, keywords, policy links, etc)
- Page titles
- Page content (text and photos). You are expected to provide the content for us unless you pay extra for us to write content for you (see below).
- Menu, heading, and content body fonts and sizes (if necessary)
Here’s what we typically don’t customize:
- Adding pictures or fancy blocks to menu items
- Framework layout and spacing (we’ve already customized this extensively for each framework)
- Appearance and formatting of add-on modules (again, we’ve customized these to look good out of the box for each framework)
Social Header Section
We use a social header for both at-a-glance social proof and a very clear call to action.
It typically includes the following components:
- Reviews (optional with our Builder Pro or Marketer package)
- Social icons
- Call to action with phone number
Main Header Section
Main headers are present on every page, and include your logo and primary menu.
A wide version of your logo works best here. Menu’s are kept simple and text only. They can easily be nested.
Parent Menu Item
- Child Menu Item #1
- Child Menu Item #2
Things we can customize as needed:
- Make a specific menu item a button. For example, “Free Estimate” or “Book An Appointment”
- Link a menu item to a page or external link
Things we don’t customize on menus:
- Add pictures or icons. These often don’t play well with mobile devices.
- Fancy menu blocks
Home Page Hero Module
The hero module is a focal point billboard when someone first visits your website. It is a great way to make a strong first impression. Options include:
- A single hero image with brief text and call to action button(s). Hero images are usually full width at 1920 pixels wide.
- Alternating hero images (3-5 different images that alternate when page is loaded)
- Slider of 3-5 images (not recommended)
- Video (we load on YouTube and play automatically on desktop devices, but not typically on mobile)
Home Page Main Body Module
After the hero module, we use a grid layout based on your content needs and the key messaging that you’d like to showcase on your home page. Options include:
- 2-3 columns (image or icon, headline, text, link)
- alternating full width 2 columns (larger image, headline, text, link)
- 3 column blog section (headline, image, text excerpt)
- full column images with text and buttons
3 column grid. This is great for showcasing different areas of your business.
Alternating full width 2 columns. This is a great way to showcase key areas of your business with large images in an alternating format.
2-3 column blog section. This is great to pull in recent blog posts from your built-in blog.
Full column images with text and buttons. Similar to the hero image, this is a great way to showcase an important part of your business or a specific call to action.
We can typically customize the following items in this section (depending on the framework we use):
- Image or icon
- Link (button or regular link)
- Basic padding and spacing
- Basic color adjustment (to complement your logo and color style)
- Font family
- Font size
Interior Pages Module
Interior pages are designed to provide information to both visitors and search engines alike.
Layout options include:
A sidebar allows you to showcase content next to the main body of an interior page. Sidebars are also a great way to include a call-to-action form on every interior page, allowing your visitors to easily reach out to you by filling out a form.
You can choose from several options on most of our frameworks, including:
- Content | Sidebar
- Sidebar | Content
- Full Width (ie No Sidebar)
Depending on the framework, we can feature a unique image at the top of the page to give a visual tie in to the content on the page. For example.
Or, we can do a regular page title like this:
Footers are designed to present important information on the bottom of every page.
You can see in this example that we’ve included things like certifications, social media links, contact information, a Google map, and a brief description.
It can typically be broken up into a 1-4 column grid and include components like:
- call to action
- Contact information
- Google map and integrated address schema
- social icons
- optional form
- license numbers (if applicable)
- and more …
We use the leading form builder for WordPress on all of our sites. It is a great example of a premium (paid) plugin that you get the full benefit of by being one of our customers. We pay for the license so you don’t have to.
We include a general contact form on all websites, and can build additional custom forms for you as well for an additional fee.
Notice that we also include explicit consent notices on all forms by default. This means that you are complying with privacy and consent laws such as GDPR. We built special software that we now include for all of our customers at no additional costs, and are leading the market in this area.
The form builder is very powerful, with custom fields, conditional fields, and custom notifications. There are very few forms that we can’t build using this form builder.
Photo Gallery Module
Photo galleries are a great way to showcase multiple photos at once. We use a combination of strategies to build beautiful photo galleries that can be inserted into any page on your website.
For example, check out this photo gallery for Cherry City Interiors. Notice how pictures of different size and orientation can be combined in the same gallery to look great.
And this is an example of how an individual photo looks on Real Estate Investments NW.
Did you know?
88% Of Consumers Trust Online Reviews As Much As Personal Recommendations
Not only can we pull in your aggregate review score in the social header, we can also showcase recent reviews on your home page as well as on a special “reviews” page. This is optional and requires purchasing our Builder Pro or Marketer package.
Home Page Integration: We usually combine a full-width image with an overlay feed of your recent reviews from our review engine. For example, this is how we configured it on Fitzpatrick Painting’shome page.
Interior Page Integration:
We can also have a page on your site dedicated to showcasing your best reviews. We pull these automatically from your review engine. Here’s another example using Fitzpatrick Painting.
Additional Custom Options
Logo / Partner Carousel Module
This is a great way to visually showcase some of the clients and / or partners that you have worked with. It is scrolling carousel that can be inserted into the home page or any interior page that you’d like.
For example, we are using it on our home page to showcase some of our recent clients:
Sometimes it is nice to break up content on a page into sections using an accordion format. This provides a nice visual format where users can click on and open additional content sections to see more content.