(This is part of a series of updates leading up to April 9th, 2010, when we will be hosting the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce Greeters at the Northern Lights Theater Pub and unveiling the “Marketing Makeover” for Matt’s Entertainment)
Today we are working on two main areas;
1. Video Creation; One of the most effective ways to engage with your online audience and to create better search engine rankings is with the use of video. Today we’re working on a short marketing video for Matt that focuses on his wedding clients and their guests having a great time at the wedding. We’ll be able to post this video on Matt’s new web site, YouTube, and other sites.
Here’s some interesting statistics about online video ads according to a recent study:
- 80% of web users have seen an online video ad
- 52% took action after viewing the ad
- 31% visited the advertisers web site
- 22% searched for additional info about the product or service
- 15% visited the advertisers store or place of business
- 12% made a purchase
- PLUS, 16% talked to friends and family about the product / service
- 9% forwarded it or shared it with their friends and family
2. Final design decisions; Over the weekend we took the layout that we had decided on last week and created some mockup designs of the new web site and what it would look like with Matt’s new branding and color styles. This allows him to visually see it all in place before we actually start the final design process for the web site code. Together we selected the best look and now we’re off to final coding.
Oh … the photo session was today; We’re really excited to see the new publicity photos from Cherie Renae of Cherie Renae Studios. They got together today for a photo shoot. Thanks Cherie!
Whew! It’s starting to really come together … stay tuned for more… and mark your calendars for Greeters, April 9th, at the Northern Lights Theater Pub, 8:30am for the unveiling.
Tim Fahndrich is the president and Chief Relationship Officer of The Third River, Inc., an Oregon Internet Marketing company. He is passionate about people, marketing, and technology and loves helping businesses and organizations harness the power of the web. You can follow Tim on Twitter here or contact him at 503.581.4554.