5 Marketing Trends That Win in 2014
As we kick of our marketing plans for 2014, so let’s get our predictions in here in time for you to act upon them.
Some of these have been coming a good while, and there are a few that are new to the game. We’ve observed five of these trends that can make a difference in your marketing in 2104!
- Content Marketing – This is one we’ve been speaking about for some time now. It’s been proven now that businesses that employ a company blog garner more than 67 percent more leads than those who don’t. Enough with all the excuses!
- Visual content takes the cake! – The current visitor is far more apt to be captivated by visual content instead of large blocks of text, so once you have the opportunity to use visuals, do it! Using images, videos, slideshows and more are much more likely to be shared near and far.
- Retargeting – A trend that is gaining popularity fast, retargeting is the practice of having your ads follow customers around. I know; it may sound creepy, but it does amazing things for your brand by keeping it in front of a person who has expressed a desire for that particular search term. AdRoll and Google are the top players at the moment, but many more are joining the party.
- Social Signals – While the jury is still out as to just exactly how much social signals work to your benefit in Google’s search engine algorithm, there’s no doubt that as we become a more social web, this significance will only rise. You should be following a social media marketing plan, and that it takes advantage of the major players like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Micro-Targeting in Ads – Many of the ad platforms, particularly Facebook with its promoted posts and custom audiences, as well as LinkedIn are helping marketers target incredibly niche audiences easily, and the results can be very good. 2014 will be the year when this takes a firmer hold on the paid ad scene.