There’s no more disregarding the fact that business is heading to where you live. You prove it to yourself every day you go out of the house equipped with your smartphone, ready, willing and able to seek out and conduct business and pleasure while out and about. So, since this is where the business is, it makes sense to ensure that your business is planted firmly in the path of this wave, and be able to profit from location based marketing.
5 Ways you can profit with Location Based Marketing
- Complete your local listings – According to Yext, businesses are sacrificing at least $10.3 billion dollars a year just by neglecting to get their business information updated and available on their profiles and sites. This is a cardinal sin, and one that ought to be addressed without delay. If your business is not being found, your competition will be! Be sure to get your listings correct on sites like Google Local, Foursquare, Yelp, Facebook, MapQuest and any others you use.
- Incentivize reviews – Nothing makes someone want to help you like you offering them a reason to! Rewarding people who review you can be a simple, cost-effective way to engender social proof, and a number of happy customers as well! However, there are good ways and bad ways to incentivize, and you want to make sure you are not offering an incentive for review on any of the main review sites such as Google, Yelp, etc. Offering an incentive, bribing, or paying for reviews on these sites can get you in hot water. Therefore it is imperative to know when and where offering an incentive is ok or not.
- Shower your customers with perks – Related to the above, make sure it is worth their while to return again and again. There are numerous ways to do this including coupons, a loyalty program, backlinks plus more.
- Employ coupons and daily deals – Entrepreneur informs us there are two ways that we can engage through location based marketing. One is by pushing ads out to them, and the other is by allowing your business to be in a position to be â€œdiscoveredâ€. Both are necessary elements of a winning campaign.
- Engage with your customers – Don’t make the blunder of failing to talk back to customers or prospects who are enquiring. If you do, you will most definitely reap the negative feedback you deserve! Take the few minutes required to answer, particularly when it pertains to customer service, and avoid a social media meltdown!
Location-based marketing is a marvelous way to develop your presence in your local market. Start using it today!