Want to earn more money from your email marketing campaigns? Get more of your emails opened! A few more percentage points in your email open rates can result in a far greater profit in your campaigns. Beginning email marketers find it difficult to get 5-10 percent of their emails opened, however the industry average is around 25 percent. This tells you that there is a distinct formula to having more of your emails opened. Let’s take a peek at 5 tips that will get more of your emails opened!
5 Tips for getting more emails opened
- Write what you would want to read – The easiest way to get more of your emails opened is by giving your readers what they are asking for. Savvy marketers consistently ask their readers for feedback.
- Get your subject line right – Crafting a compelling, intriguing, simply must-open subject line is a skill you have to master. Learn to avoid spam words, and inject the kind of emotion and interest that grabs your readers by the throat.
- Be consistent in your “From” box – This is a central part of your branding, but it’s also more than that. People need to identify and trust you showing up often in their email box. Decide who you want it to be from, either you or your company, and stick with it.
- Show your personality – Don’t hesitate to inject some of your personality into your subject lines and especially the first line or two. (This is generally visible in your email inbox!)
- Resend your unopens – An extremely simple way to get more opens. Make sure you send the email again to people who didn’t open the first time, but make sure you change up the subject line a little bit. You’ll be surprised at the results.
There is a lot to do about the body of your email, but for now at least you’re getting them to open them, and that’s half the battle!