Using Google Adwords as a lead generation tool is a fantastic way to grow your law firm, as most people will use the internet to look up local law firms and attorneys. Here is a detailed look at how we help local lawyers with lead generation.
A couple of background points:
- Google Search Likelihood: High
- Decision Making Process: Moderate
- Key Selling Points: No fees up front, success winning large settlements, experience, personalized attention
- Competition Index: High
- Invoice Range: $3k-$10k+
Characteristics of an Ideal Fit For PPC Advertising:
- Good existing website with lots of useable content
- Personal Injury (PI) is the firm’s singular (or at least main) focus
- Highly experienced
- Evidence of large settlements won
- Strong affiliations, memberships, credentials
- Strong community involvement
Who are the best potential leads?
- Prospective clients have generally been involved in some kind of accident or an otherwise traumatic experience that led to unexpected injury (or worse), potentially as a result of negligence on another party.
- Buyers are likely angry, nervous, scared and unsure of what their options are.
- In most cases, this is one of several items weighing on their mind.
- Prospective clients will likely have a lot of questions as well, which combined with their mental state will require the firm to be very patient.
- Prospective clients are likely to choose to call firms that portray their experience, speed, personalized service and history of success.
Who is not a great target audience?
- Anyone without a legitimate case
- These will be weeded out quickly based on preliminary evaluation
- Typical radius: 15-25 miles, depending on population density and competion
Case Study Metrics:
- Average conversion rate for lead generation is 10%
- Client is using our landing page (LP). Other clients in our portfolio not using our LPs have a much lower conversion rate.
- GOAL: 20% Conversion Rate
- PERFORMANCE: 40%+ Conversion rate over the last 90 days
- Proven Results:
- Increased conversions by 55% in the most recent 90 days compared to the first 90 days of management
- Decreased CPA by 22% over the last 90 days
Recommended Campaign Focus:
- General – Search
– Best personal injury lawyer / attorney / law firm
- Case Specific – Search
- Auto accident attorney
- Slip and fall attorney
- Dog bite attorney
- Display – recommended for brand awareness and brand building
- Keep in mind: Prospective clients will often make a decision based on how familiar they are already with the law firm. Multi-channel advertisers are often the most successful.
Recommended Media Budget:
- $3,000/mo recommended, $1000/mo minimum
- Can scale based on geography/volume
- Answer the phone every time – missed calls = missed opportunity
- Respond to email inquiries within 30 minutes max and consider offering an auto-response informational piece via email
- Goal of each call: 1-on-1 consultation
- Promote urgency: the longer a client waits, the less they’re likely able to collect.
- Promote experience: you’re not speaking to a paralegal or other administrative assistant – the consult is with a lawyer
- Avoid having to get back to the prospect – they will move on