Orthodontics is a highly professional service, and many people will use the internet to find trusted local orthodontists for their needs.
Using Google Adwords as a lead generation tool is a fantastic way to grow your orthodontics practice. Here is a detailed look at how we help local orthodontists with lead generation.
A couple of background points:
- Google Search Likelihood: Moderate
- Decision Making Process: Varies
- Key Selling Points: Product Availability, Location, Cost, Experience
- Competition Index: Moderate
- Invoice Range: $2k-$5k+
Characteristics of an Ideal PPC Advertiser:
- Good existing website with lots of usable content
- Latest and greatest technology
- Flexible office hours
- Easily accessible location
- Professional accreditations / memberships
Consumer Avatar & Psychology:
- If someone is searching for an orthodontist online, it is likely they may not visit the regular dentist frequently.
- As such, it is also likely that they do not have dental insurance, which makes cost a key component of a buying decision.
- Prospects are likely to take location into consideration, especially in more urban markets, as they will want to visit someone who practices near where they live or work for convenience.
- Deciding on an orthodontist is not likely to be a rapid decision in many cases due to the cost involved, the non-likelihood of the need being an “emergency” and other factors.
- In many cases, the person searching is a parent of the prospective patient.
- Reviews are key, as a prospect will require external validation when making such a medical decision.
- We work with you to identify negative keywords and demographics that don’t make sense
- Where are patients likely willing to travel from to get to the business?
- How many other orthodontists are there in between the prospective patient and the doctor’s office?
- Typical radius: 5-10 miles, depending on population density and competition
Case Study Metrics:
- Despite initial challenge of getting traffic to a brand new account in a competitive market, the traffic volume had improved significantly after three weeks
- Average CPC in this account is low compared to industry standards, and has remained around $8
- Expected conversion rate in this niche is 10%
- GOAL: 10% Conversion Rate
- BEST MONTH: 15.02 % CR; $53.63 CPL
- Proven Results:
- In this account, from January to July, conversion rate rose as high as 15.02%
- Comparing the last 90 days to the previous 90 days, leads have increased by 12%
- Client recently increased budget by 26%
Recommended Campaign Focus:
- General – Search
– Best orthodontist
– Orthodontist near me
– Orthodontist in ________
- Product Specific – Search
– Invisalign/Clear braces
Remember: Cost-related terms will be very highly searched
(i.e. affordable Invisalign)
– As purchase decision is likely longer,
remarketing can be very effective especially
when a strong promotion exists
- Display – not recommended initially
Recommended Media Budget:
- $2,500/mo minimum.
- Can scale based on geography/volume
- Answer the phone every time – missed calls = missed opportunity
- Respond to email inquiries within 30 minutes max and consider offering an auto-response informational piece via email
- Be ready for the price question and know how to answer it
- Goal of each call: consult with orthodontist
- Promote urgency where possible, i.e. “That special isn’t likely to last past the end of the summer…”
- Avoid having to get back to the prospect – they will move on
Download Our Infographic