Basement waterproofing is a highly skilled trade, and most homeowners and business owners will use the internet to find trusted local contractors for their waterproofing needs.
Using Google Adwords as a lead generation tool is a fantastic way to grow your waterproofing business. Here is a detailed look at how we help local waterproofing companies with lead generation.
A couple of background points:
- Google Search Likelihood: High
- Decision Making Process: Moderate
- Key Selling Points: Experienced, long-lasting solution, reliable, reasonable cost
- Competition Index: Moderate
- Invoice Range: $2k – $5k+
Characteristics of an Ideal PPC Advertiser:
- Strong website with good images
- Highly experienced
- Licensed and insured
Consumer Avatar & Psychology (ideal prospects):
- Homeowners interested in basement waterproofing have likely found out the hard way that they need it
- In many cases, homeowners will be proactive about getting this taken care prior to wet weather seasons.
- Homeowners are aware that this will be a significant expense in most cases and therefore must feel as though they can trust the company they use – they only want to do this once
- A homeowner is likely to want to have all of their options explained to them in order to make the best decision.
Buyer Anti-Avatar (not ideal prospects):
These are people we don’t want to advertise to.
- Limited only by where business is willing to travel
- Local competition should be researched when determining service area
Case Study Metrics:
- We were tasked with an aggressive goal of 20%, compared to the 10-15% average
- Client is using our landing page (LP). Other clients in our portfolio not using our LPs have a much lower conversion rate.
- GOAL: 20% Conversion Rate
- PERFORMANCE: 28%+ Conversion Rate Over the Last 90 days
- PROVEN RESULTS:
- We achieved a 33% conversion rate in the first month
- Last month we increased leads by 80% over our first month of management
- We have increased our CPCs by 30% over the last 90 days
Recommended Campaign Focus:
- General – Search
- Basement Waterproofing Company
- Basement Waterproofing
- Wet Basement Repair
- Basement draining
- Foundation Repair – Search
- Foundation repair
- Cracked foundation
- Other Services (Optional)
- Crawl Space
- Sump Pump
Recommended Media Budget:
- $2000/mo. recommended, $1000/mo minimum.
- Can scale based on services offered/geography/volume.
- Answer the phone every time – missed calls = missed opportunity
- Respond to email inquires within 30 minutes max
- Be polite and courteous
- Get the person to commit to the in-home estimate
- Avoid giving any price info over the phone
- Reinforce experience and value vs. competition
- Clearly communicate the date & time of the appointment
- Don’t leave the prospect hanging – they will call someone else